Tuesday 4 March 2014

January Book Challenge!

At the beginning of January 2014 I decided my New Years Resolution was to be a fun one (and fairly realistic). My challenge for the rest of the year is to read at least one book a month; Mainly to give me a kick up the bum and find the time to read more as it's one of my favorite hobbies!

Sooo, instead of one book, for January I may have read five!
Even though this post is a little late, I aim to write about the books I've read at the end of every month as something to look back on myself and to whoever else might be interested.

This year I have quite a fair few books to get through. As family and friends know, I like to read, therefore I love receiving books for Christmas and Birthdays and I tend to buy a cheeky few from Oxfam now and again, so the amount of books I own is mounting up. Therefore my other aim is to not buy any new books (if I can help it) and get through my mountain. (Forty to be exact, and not including my boyfriends books eg, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings and 007 books).

Here Are the books I read during January:

How to Fall in Love, Cecelia Ahern


Cecelia Ahern is one of my favorite authors and first introduced to me by my Nan with PS. I Love You, which had me an emotional wreck at the first chapter. Since then, I've been hooked. I love Ahern's natural story telling ability. 'How to Fall in Love' is about a mans struggle to live his life and is persuaded to see the beauty in the world again. It was such a heartfelt and enjoyable read, and with most of Cecelia Ahern's books, I couldn't put it down.


The Hunger Games Triology, Suzanne Collins


These three were 'un-put-down-able'! Bought for me by Matt at Christmas I was so excited to read these because of the hype, and boy was I not disappointed! Fantastic story-line and lovable characters, the films don't do these books justice, although I must say, Jenifer Lawrence plays a brilliant Katniss. Couldn't recommend these books enough, definitely live up to the hype.


The Book Thief, Markus Zusak


I also got this book for Christmas alongside 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett with a giftcard. I've had it on my wishlist for over a year and knowing that it was coming out in the cinema end of Feb, I just had to read it, and I'm glad I did! First of all, it's narrated by death, which is such an interesting and unusual concept that made it all that more favorable. And secondly, it takes you through such an emotional journey of a little girl living in Nazi Germany that it leaves you wanting to read more about her life. I've recommended this book to so many people that I just hope they take my word for it and pick it up!

If anyone wants to see my little online collection of books that I've read, books I'm currently reading and books that I want to read, head over to my Goodreads account!

No comments:

Post a Comment