Tuesday 7 August 2012

In the post!

 Finally finished my sisters wrist warmers, I felt a good sense of achievement and now they're in the post on their way to her! Hope she gets a nice suprise! I think I might make these again but with a thumb piece so they stay on your hand better.


They were super easy to make, I got the pattern, yarn and needles (3.75mm, 4mm and 4mm cable) from a stall in Halifax Market (West Yorkshire). In the process of making these I learnt the skill of cable knit which was alot of fun and looks great! If I were to modify the pattern though, I'd make it so the cables were on the front of the wrist rather than the sides, it left a huge gap so I'd sewn in buttons to fill the space. Despite the fact that I took a massive break in making these, I believe they would only take around 5 days to make due to the simplicity and length.
Now let's hope she actually wears them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment